More competitors. Higher costs. Supply chain snags. For retailers, these are just some of the challenges pressuring margins. But in this uncertain economy, can retailers clear these hurdles and satisfy shoppers, too?
Retailers believe the answer is “yes” if they can humanize increasingly digital experiences. They see opportunities to build loyalty and grow share of wallet through customer service, ecommerce and marketing. But to accomplish their goals, they must keep up with shoppers’ changing behaviors and rising expectations.
For the fifth edition of the Connected Shoppers Report, Salesforce surveyed 2,400 shoppers and 1,125 retail industry decision makers to learn:
- How digital tools are changing physical experiences;
- The changing role of brick-and-mortar stores;
- How retailers are using data to engage shoppers;
- The impact of service on shopper loyalty; and
- The intersection of loyalty programs and shopper data.